About the Genius

My photo
Seattle, WA, United States
This blog is deprecated. Please go to BrianBoshes.com for all the latest updates.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why I love hosting

Last night I hosted for the stand-up troupe, “Stand-up and Deliver” at Laughs Comedy Spot in Kirkland. The members of that troupe are all very nice people and pretty good comics. That being said, I totally shit on everyone’s introductions from the get-go. I called a guy by the wrong name, forgot one of their last names, and called a Mrs. a Mr. That being said, it became this great running gag and the comic agility that I’ve been working so hard to get good at meant that I never really lost the crowd. So ya, it was a great show, and on of the reasons I love hosting.

That being said, I have a lot of non-hosting gigs coming up next month. Check out my MySpace page right now for a complete listing of performances. Coming up next week is Bumbershoot, which I’m getting more and more excited about performing at. It will be a chance to introduce what a do to a whole new slew of people.

Other notables this week: I wrote down 3 new premises that I’m looking forward to trying out next week at the open mics. This weeks open mic, my friend Jeff and his family and friends paid a visit to the Owl & Thistle. For their efforts, Jeff left with a slashed tire…

No comments:

Post a Comment