Other highlights from the weekend:
- Matching wits with the tour guide at the Deschutes Brewery (aka. my beer mecca in Bend)
- Eating amazing breakfast biscuits the size of hamburger buns
- Staying up until 3:30am doing Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions with my hotel roommate
- Drinking amazing beer at one in the afternoon until about 3:30am (same night as above)
- Beautiful drive leaving Bend for Salem. Ridiculous drive from Portland to Bend but reassurance in knowing I had chains and a full tank of gas.
In my new quest to visit places I would never get to visit without comedy as an excuse, I'll be off to Richland and Port Angeles, Washington in April. The former is part of Central Washington's Tri Cities area, the latter in on the peninsula. I will be visiting farms in both places most likely. Two more opportunities to see if my humor translates to what I've found is the safe harbor of Seattle and Portland. It only gets better from here my friends...